A career with Community Living Welland Pelham
For over of 65 years Community Living Welland Pelham has been dedicated to providing supports and services to people who have an intellectual disability and their families. We are committed to providing these supports with a vision of “an inclusive caring community where all people belong and have equal opportunity to participate”. We are always looking for dynamic, enthusiastic employees who share this vision.
As a support worker within Community Living Welland Pelham you will be expected to work within a team environment and take an active role in supporting people to achieve their personal goals and to facilitate relationships, skills, and valued roles by coordinating services and individualized supports.
We hire for entry level support workers (part-time hours) on an ongoing basis. Qualifications for this position are as follows:
• Ability to develop positive and respectful relationships with the people you support
• Collaborative team player
• Good problem solving, organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Previous experience providing support to individuals who have an intellectual disability to promote community inclusion and independence
• Successful completion of a post-secondary program in a related field is an asset
• Community Living Welland Pelham is located in a designated French Language Services area; therefore, bilingualism in French and English is an asset
If you believe you would be a great candidate for this position you can apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Community Living Welland Pelham is committed to workplace diversity. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), accommodations are available upon request to any candidates that may acquire them, throughout the entire selection process.
If you require an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (905) 735-0081 Ext. 202 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be addressed confidentially.